Offer a gift of comfort and beauty to the family of Kathryn SEND FLOWERS
Vondel L. Smith & Son Mortuary South, 6934 South Western Avenue, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma 73139, (405) 634-1439
Graveside Services 10:00 AM Friday, August 17, 2012 at the Okmulgee Cemetery
Memorial Services 2:00PM Saturday August 18, 2012, Alameda Church of Christ. 801 Alameda Street Norman, OK 73071
Kathryn Joyce (Hopkins/McKay) Danner, 66, was born July 28, 1946 in Okmulgee, Oklahoma to Otis and Ida (Talley) Hopkins. She died peacefully August 11, 2012 at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital in Oklahoma City after a lengthy battle with congestive heart failure. She was a member of the Alameda Church of Christ in Norman, Oklahoma. Kathryn grew up in Okmulgee, Oklahoma and was a 1964 graduate of Okmulgee High School. She lived in Henryetta, Oklahoma for many years and worked at the First National Bank there for 25 years. While in Henryetta Kathryn was a member of the Henryetta Lions Club and served as the first woman president of that Club. She was a past member of the Okmulgee Fair Board and had been an Oklahoma Kids Parent Volunteer. After coming to Norman, Oklahoma 14 years ago Kathryn was an Office Manager for Keller Williams Realty. She was a founding member of Keller Williams Cares International. She loved flowers, traveling, photography, arts & crafts and researching genealogy. Kathryn loved family gatherings and planning short plays and activities for the children.
Kathryn was preceded in death by:
• Her grandparents
• Father Otis E. Hopkins
• Step Father Lee Roy “Bud” Allison
• First husband Donald Gene “Don” McKay
• Mother-In-Law Alma McKay
• Husband Thomas E. Danner, Jr. of the home
• Children Kara (McKay) and husband Gordon Folkins of Tulsa; Kyle and wife Johnette McKay of Henryetta; Thomas, III and wife Cindy Danner of Norman; Robert and wife Lisa Danner of Norman; Kevin and wife Kristen Danner of Moore; and Amanda (Danner) and husband Gary Heister of Norman.
• Mother Ida B. (Talley/Hopkins) Allison of Hitchita
• Mother-In-Law Joyce Josephine (Kasbaum) Danner of Norman
• Father-In-Law Olen McKay of Henryetta
• Brothers and sisters, Stephen and wife Cathy Hopkins of Oklahoma City; Rebecca (Becky) Hopkins of Hitchita; Robert Allison of Stigler; and Marie Wallace of Okay.
• Grandchildren Peter Folkins, Abby Folkins, Daniel Kiessling, Ohoyotemah Kiessling, Tess Danner, Bryn Danner, Kyle Lee Danner, Evan Danner, Kayleigh Danner, Madison Danner , Shelby Indiana Heister, Hailey Heister and Cydney Heister
• Many other relatives and friends including aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews and cousins.
Memorials may be made to Keller Williams Cares at www.kwcares.org .
The family would like to thank Dr. Stephen Lindsey of Norman and Dr. Philip Adamson, Dr. John Randolf, Dr. Richard Wood and all the nurses and staff at the Oklahoma Heart Hospital for their loving care of Kathryn.